Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician III to join our 2nd Shift team. This position is based at our North Charleston, SC location.
The primary function of this role is under minimal supervision, performs expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s manuals, diagrams, schematics and sketches. Consults with equipment manufacturer or engineering personnel when reference materials do not exist.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Observe devises in operation to location root cause of problem; dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examine parts to detect imperfections; adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replace defective parts; test device to observe performance; and perform tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; recondition and repair machine tools.
Diagnose and repair vacuum furnaces and related vacuum pumps and equipment.
Construct and alter physical facilities to accommodate changes or improvements.
Identify and source parts, supplies and repair items as necessary. Performs evaluations of alternatives to improve cost and / or reliability of equipment.
May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
Leads and participates in CI activities--processes, results and cost savings using CI tools and methodology. Complies with 5S+ and housekeeping standards.
Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data. Observes trends and makes recommendations to improve equipment reliability.
Completes and conducts on-the-job training and technical self-study programs for career development.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- 8 years of related experience in maintenance industry.
- CNC machine tool maintenance experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of North Charleston, SC be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience in lean manufacturing.
- Experience in aerospace industry.
- Experience working in manufacturing facility operating on a 24/7 schedule.
- Knowledge of CNC control systems, especially Fanuc and/or Siemens would be preferred.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No