If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior Analyst – IT (Software Asset Management & Digitalization) in Eaton’s Enterprise IT, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Perform the Software Asset Management functions for engineering software. Responsibilities include Software Procurement & Installation, License Administration, Software Maintenance, Trouble Shooting Issues, Metrics / Capacity planning, Software Consolidations.
- Implement functional software and process solutions to meet desired business requirements. Support system processes and improvements that use standard Eaton solutions.
- The incumbent will interact closely with US counterparts and provide a quarterly scorecard on software utilization with ongoing forecast.
- The responsibilities include working with the Engineering SCM function to manage the local license pools at EIEC/EIIC Pune for all aspects as defined above including the Software & Integrated Test Labs in Pune.
- As part of SDLC software domain provide guidance as a Functional Analyst for Atlassian & IBM Rational tool chains. Additionally, drive initiatives for our digital technologies including IoT, IIoT, Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics, and VR/AR – leveraging our PTC Thingworx and Vuforia platforms, Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- Participate in implementation/enhancement projects for target system using PROLaunch.
- Participate in the project delivery lifecycle - taking approved designs through to go-live.
- Build strong relationships with other IT professionals and with business users.
- Help gather requirements scope & disposition through process compliance and gap analysis.
- Deliver functional specifications & configuration in line with the agreed and approved design.
- Complete documentation and unit testing.
- Implement Organizational Change Management plans.
- Provide integration testing support, and review of end-user training materials.
- Support project cut-overs, go-lives and warranty suppor
Education level required - B.Tech / B.E / MCA from an accredited institution
7 – 10 years’ experience in Software Asset Management in engineering or IT domain
Certification in Software Asset Management and experience in using IT Service Management application(s) will be an added advantage
Knowledge of QOS and Six Sigma processes in an IT environment
Requires excellent communication and facilitation skills
Knowledge of Business Systems, Advanced Excel and Advanced Power Point skills
Must have MS Office and report development skills to develop required reports and metrics
Highly motivated and self-directed
Dedicated to prompt metrics development and publication, along with problem resolution to ensure customer satisfaction
Effectively manage multiple priorities
Experienced in implementing and managing IT QOS processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only