The lead financial analyst position is a high visibility role that gets exposure to both the Taiwan Plant and Division leadership team and is a stepping stone into a Plant Controller role.
This position is located at the Taiwan Plant in Tainan City where this individual will work collaboratively with Finance, Operational Excellence, Human Resources, R&D and Sales & Marketing both on-site and globally with the Division team (US based) and the Thailand plant.
The position is a leadership role and is the number two finance person at the Taiwan plant. This role is expected to step in and assume the controllership leadership role when the plant controller is out of the office. The position helps to support the business in the decision-making process and provides comprehensive analysis and detailed reports to internal customers.
This position is a critical business thinker with experience in the manufacturing industry, highly analytical, process improvement oriented, and demonstrates the drive, people skills and business partnering ability to deliver results within a global, diverse and growing business.
1. Responsible for monthly closing and rolling forecast processes. Analyze and challenge operational financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives. Document insightful variance analysis commentary for management and work with Taiwan Plant to define action plans to address opportunities.
2. Active role in development of annual profit plan, strategic plan, and ad hoc requests for the Taiwan Plant and Golf Pride Division.
3. Work in a team environment with Taiwan finance team to streamline and drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
4. Prepare and communicate insightful analysis for monthly operating reviews. Help drive data-oriented decision making by deploying efficient data analysis techniques and tools. Organize, and deliver appropriate management reports to senior plant and division leadership.
5. Adhere to Eaton finance policy and ensure internal control foundation is strong. Identify weak internal control processes and implement solutions to improve internal control and mitigate weakness. Act as liaison with internal audit and SOX teams.
6. Understand and communicate the global tax and legal impact to the business related to implementation of local tax laws and government compliance. Proactively implement local tax laws in compliance with local laws and Eaton financial policies.
7. Manage and understand corporate treasury requirements (cash application, hedging, banking requirements)
- Education level required: BS/BA in Finance or Accounting required
- Years and area of experience required: 6 years of professional/manufacturing experience; 2-3 years CPA firm is a plus
- Technical knowledge: a. Solid understanding of GAAP and standard cost accounting. b. Strong interest and propensity toward information technology.
- Soft skills: Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills; Fluent English
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No