Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a 3rd Shift Quality Inspector to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
This person in this role will Inspect dimensions to print. Uphold the quality and integrity of all parts manufactured. Support operations in a leadership facet to help meet internal/external goals to both our suppliers and customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Visually and manually inspect manufactured parts per acceptance criteria
- Dimensionally inspect manufactured parts with CMM or advanced measuring technique per acceptance criteria. Uphold quality integrity and generate non-conformance reports when parts do not meet specification
- Read/interpret advanced blue prints, assembly drawings, angularity, profile, and various datum’s (Vectors)
- Need a working knowledge of multiple product lines with emerging leadership roles and responsibilities
- Record/document all receiving, in-process, and final inspection findings as required
- Have 5S+ involvement which includes but not limited to your working area
- Work with MFG-PRO to process parts systematically and WISPER for DMR generations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience, preferably in a machining environment.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum of three (3) years of aerospace quality experience
- Minimum of three years quality experience
- Use pre-written programs, calibrate attribute gauges.
- Advance Blue Print reading, GD&T, and CMM training/certification
- Knowledge of scanning & programming from solid models Mitutoyo, MCOSMOS software a plus
- Ability to maintain calibration of all duct welding assembly fixtures
Position Success Criteria:
- Safety first focus factory which requires proper PPE where applicable. You must be able to lift a minimum up to 35lbs with in any given day. The job could require standing on your feet anywhere from 8-10 hours a day. Will require focus evaluations from close proximity and frequent use of hand to eye coordination.
- Possible minimal exposure to radiation through the use of a XRF device for scanning material to determine it's metallurgic properties.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No