Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking an Electrical Assembler 1 to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Airdrie, Alberta Canada facility.
Reporting to a Production Manager, this position is responsible for mounting and basic wiring of components with standard layouts/options, performs sub-assembly functions, as required, and developing enhanced wiring skills under the direction of a more experienced Electrical Assembler.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assemble and mount electrical, mechanical and sub-assembly components onto pan, into enclosures, structures etc. following standard layouts
- Wire electrical products with basic/standard options as required, following customer drawing packages and schematics
- Wire electrical products with a non-standard option, following customer drawing packages and schematics under the direction of a more experienced Electrical Assembler
- Check for functionality by performing continuity check, e.g., buzzing out
- Complete checklists as required
- Assemble enclosures/structures where applicable ensuring product is assembled as per the layout package
- Deliver sub-assemblies to the production areas following standard procedures and ensuring just-in-time delivery of sub-assemblies to the production area
- Support inventory maintenance in sub-assembly area, performing cycle counts, following standard materials procedures, accessing information through CSSM to maintain an accurate inventory in sub-assembly
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent level of education from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in Canada without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within an 80-kilometer radius of the work location will be considered
- Demonstrates continuous learning through cross training, learning new skills and refreshing prior skills
- Effective communication/interpersonal skills
- Knowledge/experience with hand and power tools
- Reading, comprehension and mathematical skills
- Knowledge/experience with blueprints
- Knowledge/experience with basic wiring schematic symbols
Position Success Criteria:
- Lifting and occasional heavy lifting/maneuvering up to 23-45 kgs. with assistance or using lifting device
- Continuous standing, reaching
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Maintain a positive commitment to the safety of self and others
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer skills specifically MS Office
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No