Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Rumford, Rhode Island location.
The Supply Chain Manager directs, establishes and controls the materials management strategies internally and externally related to the plant. Manages all supply chain related functions of the plant: materials planning, scheduling, direct/indirect material purchasing, inventory, shipping & receiving.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manage and develop team, implement and maintain metrics. Build organizational capability though development plans, mentoring, driving accountability, cross-training & succession planning.
- Manager and develop Shipping/Receiving and Stockroom functions
- Implement methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements.
- Studies past business cycles and trends, contributes to the development of specific unit forecasts.
- Utilizes marketing projections to anticipate business conditions.
- Coordinates, implements, and continually improves all aspects of computerized scheduling system. Balances work load among supply and demand planners.
- Manages inventory levels in accordance with plant, group and corporate goals.
- Initiating and monitoring a formalized cycle counting procedure to inspect and insure inventory on-hand accuracy and insuring P+L impact communicated to plant finance team.
- Manage plant purchasing activities for items procured on a local basis Manages tooling/supplies costs and highlights issues and takes corrective actions to ensure plant meets its profit plant objectives.
- Implement methods to support of cross functional goal attainment, supports a continuous improvement culture and provides support for all plant High 5 metrics.
- Ensures compliance with Eaton’s Strategic ERP rules including dashboard monitoring and corrective action when the plant is below goal.
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- Responsible for the management of daily order activities for shop floor and supply purchase orders, keeping inventory within accordance of predetermined goals.
- Responsible for managing supplier on-time delivery performance.
- Responsible for KPIs such as: OTP, SOTDe, SOTDi, Inventory, Supplier PPM, etc.
- Leads Monthly SIOP process.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience with ERP or MRP system required.
- Minimum five (5) years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum three (3) years of direct managerial experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Supply Chain Management, with experience developing and controlling production schedules and inventory levels.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Rumford, Rhode Island will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- BA or BS in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience managing people within supply chain.
- Experience in Union Manufacturing environment.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Mfg Pro experience preferred.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-SR1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time