Eaton located in Eden Prairie, MN has a position opening for Marketing Communications Intern in Hydraulics Group.
We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
Do you consider yourself creative, organize forward-thinker that can balance multiple projects at once? Do you enjoy collaborating with others to fine-tune ideas and turn them into multi-pronged campaigns? If not, do you crave the experience to do so? We’re looking for an individual to join our marketing communications team supporting the hydraulics group within the Industrial Sector. This person will be exposed to all aspects of the hands-on marketing communications including traditional and digital channels across B2B to help Eaton reach our end users with relevant, targeted campaigns.
- Plan and create compelling, digital optimized content.
- Launch new products.
- Improve web experiences.
- Interpret and leverage marketing analytics.
- Drive SEO optimization.
- Present data and results to senior leadership.
- Manage social media and PR.
- Support events.
- Test, troubleshoot and translate business needs to internal and external partners.
- Perform webpage audits for consistent design, metadata, testing and troubleshooting.
- Additional duties as needed to support marketing & digital strategies.
- Create training documentation.
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.8 or higher (Career or in-major GPA will not be considered).
- Minimum of one year of collegiate courses completed or equivalent by the start of the internship.
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN.
- Major in marketing, business, or a related field.
- Experience migrating content from one CMS to another CMS platform.
- Prior internship or co-op experience.
- AEM experience.
- Ability to use standard technology applications (including but not limited to Outlook, Microsoft Word and Power Point).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills to work well with multiple functions and also ask for assistance when needed.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player and collaborator.
- Desire to learn.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time