Eaton is seeking a Senior Materials Analyst for its Electrical Sector - Americas - Canada group. The Senior Materials Analyst position will be located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
This role is responsible to review, analyze, recommend, implement and document supply chain solutions for improved business processes including front-end, planning, scheduling and inventory management to maximize efficiencies and yield savings, reduced cycle time and improved quality and delivery. This role will drive inventory reduction, freight reduction and increase material velocity to positively impact performance. Support continuous improvement goals and achieve profit plan on a national basis. Oracle subject matter expert for Satellites across Canada. The Eaton Satellite locations (6 in total) are located across Canada and comprise of smaller assemble-to-order facilities and complement our medium to large manufacturing facilities within Canada.
Responsibilities related to People coordination;
Provide supply chain leadership and direction to remote Satellite material planner/scheduler to ensure improved inventory control.
Drive change and ensure adoption of process improvements among the teams
Establish and lead best practicing sharing sessions to improve Oracle capability within satellite organization.
Co-ordinating training and development of the cross-functional teams on eTools, Oracle improvements and processes.
Responsibilities related to Process and/or Development;
Lead quarterly physical inventory counts across satellite organization. Perform audits of “excess & obsolete” inventories and propose effective solutions to reduce financial reserves.
Lead SIOP (Sales, Inventory, Operations, Planning) process for Satellites in order to have improved capacity visibility and planning effectiveness.
Implement procedures and guidelines for capacity planning and production coordination.
Creation of tools for improved capacity planning and visibility.
Establish performance objectives, evaluate and report on results, and improve processes based on analysis of gaps in desired performance.
Create reports to drive the optimization of inventory across all satellites as well as working with internal suppliers to improve overall performance.
Responsibilities related to Project Management and/or Development;
Drive Oracle enhancements projects to improve Satellites material flow
Drive continuous improvement through the Eaton Business System to capture costs savings and efficiencies through supply chain
Drive material cost-out with external suppliers; including opportunities to consolidate suppliers across the satellite organization.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- University Degree from an accredited institution.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP).
- 3 years’ experience in operations, supply chain, or industrial engineering.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that reside within the immediate geographic area will be considered.
- 5 years’ work experience in supply chain role(s).
- 2 year’s work experience with Materials/MRP planning system (Oracle, SAP).
- Demonstrated experience using internal/external data sources to create dashboards using data analytic tools using Power BI, OBIE, and/or Qlik to forecast and uncover business insights.
- Working knowledge of all production of ETO and ATO products.
- Experience using lean and six sigma tools, six sigma green or black belt.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with both remote or cross-functional teams.
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, results oriented team player.
- Strong MS Office skills; PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Presentation Skills.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time