Eaton’s Power Quality division is currently seeking a Product Service Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
The Product Service Engineer is responsible for supporting Product Lines from introduction to the market through end of service life, with a focus on ensuring the serviceability of products through formal instructional delivery methods in order to meet our contractual service obligations with our customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Influence product design and changes to ensure adherence to Eaton’s safety requirements and ease of serviceability.
- Maintain product service requirements through a partnership with product marketing and engineering teams.
- Spearhead the implementation of product lifecycle planning from New Product Introduction through end-of-service life.
- Conduct comprehensive skills analysis to understand the knowledge needs of the service organization and implement through the design, development and facilitation of instructor led training sessions through lectures and laboratory exercises.
- Act as a liaison with various Power Quality departments to execute departmental processes to effectively design, update and publish product service plans.
- Partner with technical publications team to inform and develop field service procedures.
- Adhere to and enforces electrical safety requirements in the training environment at all times.
- Perform training lab equipment maintenance and repair efforts to ensure training equipment is operational at all times.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer opportunities to both field service and technical support employees through formal and informal instructional delivery methods.
- Create and maintains partnerships with field and engineering resources to gather input, information, and lessons learned to be used in future product designs and enhancements.
- Participate in and deliver key organizational project management activities throughout new product development.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technologies, or Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution
- OR Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technologies, or Electronics from an accredited institution and a minimum of 6 years of experience in technical product support or service in a Power Electronics field
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 60 mile radius of Raleigh, NC, will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technologies, or Electronics from an accredited institution
- Experience in Electrical and/or IT/Electronic industry preferred
- Experience in UPS technical product support or UPS service
- Experience in instructional techniques and technical content development
- Ability to multitask and complete projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, in virtual teams (across different locations), and cross-cultural environments
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Ability to recognize the need for and develop standard work processes
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, customer service/support skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to establish rapport and working relationships with a variety of personalities in order to develop interdepartmental relationships
- Ability to work in a lab environment with high voltage equipment where safety is critical
- Basic knowledge and understanding of electronics and electrical power systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time