Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Chief Inspector – FAA Part 145 Repair Station to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This position is responsible for aspects of a FAA Part 145 Repair Station & the Quality Systems functions. The Repair Station Quality Systems include ISO 9001, AS 9000, ISO 14001, FAA, EASA:JAR 145.1 and CAAC Certifications in addition to the Eaton Quality System. This position will update/maintain the FAA, EASA, and CAAC quality manuals and host or support all visits, including audits, by associated members of these organizations.
This position will also train repair station inspectors; provide technical support to operations, customers, and suppliers as needed; define and ensure acceptable methods of inspection are implemented; administer the Corrective Action System, coordinate and lead the Internal Audit System within the Repair Station.
Please note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Complete Quality Engineering assignments such as contract review, manufacturing support, auditing and corrective action investigations with minimal supervision.
- Define, specify, and implement Quality standards & Quality assurance policies, procedures, and standards for the Repair Station. Ensure these documents align with the recognized Aerospace Quality System standard, regulatory requirements as well as Eaton objectives, policies and procedures.
- Lead or provide technical guidance and counsel to internal customers, including but not limited to inspectors, Engineering, & Suppliers as well as external customers
- Ensure product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements & regulatory compliance.
- Develop and implement corrective actions
- Host Customer, Third Party and Regulatory Auditors as needed. Plan, schedule, assist and provide professional support to all functions regarding all types of customer quality / regulatory audits. Ensure that timely and accurate responses to findings noted during customer / regulatory audits, to include the initiation and verification of required corrective actions along with the follow-up audits to issue conformance to customer and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with government regulations. Recommend and enforce inspection and quality system policies and procedures within the Repair Station.
- Other duties as assigned including:
o Manage Authority & Roster of Authorized Inspection & Management/Supervisory Personnel.
o Manage and achieve FAA / CAAC approval of the Capabilities List.
o Manage the Approved Contract Maintenance List.
o Coordinate updates of the Operations Specifications with the FAA.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
Minimum five (5) years’ experience in civilian or military aviation maintenance
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience in a Part 145 Repair Station
- Experience with Quality Systems Management
- Prior supervisory experience
Airframe & Powerplant license or Inspection Authorization certificate or FAA Repairman Certificate
Position Success Criteria:
- Certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, specifications, and requirements including GD&T.
- Familiarity or experience with machining, welding, assembly operations, gauging, APQP, and Quality assurance systems (ISO 9001, AS9100).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time