Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Manager Purchasing to join our team. This position is based at our Haina facility.
Eaton Haina Plant Haina seeks a Manager Purchasing to manage purchasing processes that will enable to achieve customer expectations, ensuring accurate levels of inventory in compliance with SC and financial requirements.
- Support new products development initiative per divisional and corporate guidelines, Cost out projects ,Ap Holds reduction and Localization projects.
- Ensure site adheres to Supply Chain Policies and Corporate procedures and programs.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for the department.
- Shortage tracking and reporting.
- Manage E&O.
- Manage supplier relationship, performance, development.
- Participate in development of plant strategic plans/ Profit plan and align departmental goals.
- Responsible for managing and/or supporting supplier negotiations for direct & indirect material.
- Responsible for minimizing purchase price variance.
- Restocking strategy, VMI, consignment activities, processes and procedures.
- Leads the prescribed use and improvement of the site/division ERP system. Primary coordinator/ focal point for materials management assessment (MMA), Lean material Flow and OpA validated and self-assessments as well as owning the materials management related actions plans to close any reported OFI’s that are part of the Purchasing area
- Assesses the performance and develops continuous improvement activities and training for self and staff via use of the material management functional competency
- Manages current and future demand requirements with suppliers to ensure completion of customer requests on time
- Monitor and identify what the emergency/priority is as well as items that are to be air Freighted.
- Leadership communication with internal and external suppliers
- Manage standard purchasing processes throughout the plant.
- Responsible Supplier On time delivery
- Establishing, managing and executing inventory strategy (MRP , Kanban, ROP, etc)
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related fields
- 7-9 years of experience (required as MOP minimum 3-5 years)
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Computer applications knowledge: Microsoft Office: Excel (pivot / analysis), AS400, Vista.
- CPIM certification as a plus (APICS modules)
- Strong analytical skills (projections / regressions)
- Negotiation skills (suppliers & customers)
- Strong communication skills to be able to deliver "hard messages" to different levels of stakeholders
- Effective delegation and follow up process within team (BOC).
Preferred (Basic) Qualifications:
- Preferable: Electronics Products Knowledge.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: ADMIN Administrative
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time