Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Distribution Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Highland, IL facility.
The Distribution Manager will provide leadership and direction for all distribution operations within the plant. The manager will be responsible for performance with respect to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory in their respective area. The manager must work cooperatively with other functional leaders to optimize the entire process in the eyes of the customer. The manager must have a continuous improvement mindset while overseeing day-to-day activities in order to meet daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly metric expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Establish a proactive safety culture of zero incidents while promoting and ensuring the completion of safety trainings and programs
- Measure, communicate and improve key performance indicators and act as an agent to support continuous improvement activities that achieve established improvement goals in an effort to become a lean model plant
- Instill and maintain a positive team atmosphere in the Distribution area that empowers employees to implement countermeasures and safety improvements
- Ensure standardized work processes are properly documented and followed
- Hold regular team meetings and assign team member tasks and coordinate support activities from departments outside of the team
- Utilize Lean Daily Management to ensure results
- Flex labor and resources according to demand patterns and workload. Participate in long range planning and budget preparation
- Emphasize the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow is not currently possible, and work to level the workload
- Allocate the necessary resources to meet external and internal commitments while maintaining budgetary control
- Work as a cross functional team member to involve SQDCI elements in all decisions
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of related experience, including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope and complexity
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising/managing in a distribution center environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Highland, IL will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks along with excellent time management skills and customer service skills
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams.
- SAP business system experiences a plus. Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications a must.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time