Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Service & Systems Division is seeking a Power Systems Controls Team Leader to join our team. This position is based at our Hanover, MD, Mountainside, NJ, Warrendale, PA, Franklin, MA or Boothwyn, PA office.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team
offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a
power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services
integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned
with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient,
reliable, and up-to-date.
The Power Systems Controls group is a full-service systems integrator with the capabilities to integrate the necessary equipment and technologies, to provide a complete power control solution. This team of engineers and technicians brings extensive skills and experiences with a variety of leading PLC & HMI software packages enabling us to design the most reliable controls and graphically rich, easy-to-use operator interfaces that take advantage of the latest technologies. Our experience transcends a multitude of equipment manufacturers, software packages, and network architectures, including all major OEMs HMI, PLCs, and components. We offer single point responsibility, a high level of engineering and systems integration expertise, and a unified focus on cost effective control solutions, seamless integration, energy management tools, and professional turnkey system design and implementation.
The productive position will provide managerial support to a small team of power systems controls representatives for the northeast region. In addition to providing leadership for the assigned geography, this position will conduct productive field service systems integration engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of system design, programming, installation, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of power management systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Act as sales and marketing agent in conjunction with sales engineers to help drive sales in the power controls business.
- Identify and develop prospective new customers.
- Keep current on the trends and significant issues in the marketplace providing direction for the strategic planning process.
- Maintain effective relationships with and service to customers.
- Provide input to profit plan and monthly forecasts with accuracy so that the operation meets these numbers on a monthly (and even daily) basis.
- Responsible for efficient execution of projects, ability to execute to sales quotes, cost control, leveraging subcontractors, inventory management, and turn of backlog and projects.
- Assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the organization.
- Act as a technical mentor and back up for engineering personnel. Provide front line support for engineering staff on technical questions, sales and negotiation questions, project management matters, and commercial issues.
- Assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments.
- Ensures strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, acts as a safety liaison with customers.
- Effectively manages diverse and dispersed field-based workforce in assigned geographic territory, which includes multiple office locations.
- Demonstrates good corporate citizenship. Assures the security and effective allocation of company resources and assets.
- Key interface with customers, district operations, general sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff.
- Handles escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Makes sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
- Project Management duties or Start-up / Field Service duties for Power Controls system deployment – mostly for critical projects or accounts.
- Conduct productive field service systems integration engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of system design, programming, installation, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of power management systems.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within a 50-mile radius of the work location(s) listed. No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Professional Engineering license
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution
- In-depth knowledge of Eaton Power Distribution Systems (Both Low Voltage & Medium Voltage).
- Experience in designing power control systems.
- Experience with major PLC (Eaton, Schneider, Rockwell, and GE) and HMI (Visual Designer & FactoryTalk) software packages for controls and monitoring of the power systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Advanced understanding of the company’s and competitor’s power control systems and services.
- Computer literacy. Working knowledge of all software packages relevant to successful performance of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills. Particular skill in communicating technical information to non-technical personnel, educating customers, and presenting information to internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of billing and invoicing practices for service.
- Knowledge of parts, part masters, bill of materials.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with control of power systems.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated capability in effectively managing multiple projects with various goals, deadlines, and budget constraints.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching/mentoring ability.
- Must possess & maintain a valid & unrestricted driver's license.
- Must submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time