Eaton’s Aerospace facility is currently seeking a 1st Shift Receiving Inspector to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD location.
This position will inspect dimensions to print. Uphold the quality and integrity of all parts manufactured. Support operations in a leadership facet to help meet internal/external goals to both our suppliers and customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Visually and manually inspect manufactured parts per acceptance criteria
- Dimensionally inspect manufactured parts with CMM or advanced measuring technique per acceptance criteria.
- Read/interpret advanced blue prints, assembly drawings, angularity, profile, and various datum’s (Vectors)
- Utilize a working knowledge of multiple product lines with emerging leadership roles and responsibilities
- Record/document all receiving, in-process, and final inspection findings as required
- Uphold quality integrity and generate non-conformance reports when parts don’t meet specifications
- Ability to work with MFG-PRO to process parts systematically and WISPER for DMR generations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum three years’ work experience in manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of one year CMM operation and programming
- Minimum of two years’ advance blueprint reading and GD&T
- Minimum three years’ work experience in and Aerospace environment
- Proficient working knowledge using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge on use of hand tools including gage R&R, as well as material analysis processing
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, reverse engineer prints.
- Experience working with inspection plans, first piece layout, FAIR’s, mil certs and CoC’s
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Safety first focus factory which requires proper PPE where applicable. You must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs and up to 50lbs with in any given day. The job could require standing on your feet anywhere from 8-10 hours a day. Will require focus evaluations from close proximity and frequent use of hand to eye coordination.
- Possible exposure to radiation through the use of a XRF device for scanning material.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No