We are currently looking for a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor at our North Street facility located in Waukesha, WI.
Direct departmental activities and initiate/participate in cross-functional activities to accomplish the objectives of safety, quality, on time delivery, inventory, productivity and continuous improvement; which focuses on removing cost from the business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Drive Zero Incident Safety Culture
- Align Eaton Quality System priorities to department requirements
- Manage department operations and prioritize production requirements
- Facilitate shift activity among other department supervisors
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a lean organization
- Initiate and coordinate assistance as required from support departments
- Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardize work processes are followed, countermeasures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
- Review daily in-process inventory reports to determine and assign priorities
- Assign daily work schedules for direct and indirect labor to meet business goals
- Monitor and provide coaching follow-up for performance regarding safety, quality and productivity.
- Monitor machinery, equipment and facility and initiate maintenance work orders, as required, to ensure efficient, effective and safe working conditions
- Coordinate and maintain associate clerical files regarding attendance, overtime equalization, vacation, training and time-off requests.
- Manage department expense budgets
- Conduct weekly department meetings regarding communications, department and plant concerns, and policy interpretation.
- Provide training resources within the department for training new business partners.
- Initiate and coordinate the job bidding process and determine eligibility of business partner.
- Lead cross functional team to improve processes and meet plant objectives
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with 2 years of experience in a manufacturing or operations environment OR a High School Diploma/ GED from an accredited institution with 5 years of experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Waukesha will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 5 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence in 5S+, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, etc.
- Experience in an Engineered to order environment
- Must be able to promote a team environment and develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time