Lead Analyst IT
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Lead Analyst IT you will provide Operational support of Eaton’s Enterprise Platform Storage & Backup Infrastructure. Under light supervision, Lead Analyst Platform Support provides Follow the Sun break/fix support of solutions, partners with Engineering to create and update hardware, operating system, configuration and design standards for Eaton storage and backup technologies utilized in the Eaton infrastructure globally.
Your key deliverables:
Consistently utilize key ITIL processes to solve complex infrastructure issues with excellent troubleshooting approach while working under no supervision and providing alternative options and recommend quality solutions to specified problem including RCA.
Performs all operations & troubleshooting on storage & backup processes, applications, and hardware making any recommendations for improvement in a SOX compliant manner.
Acts as a focal point for organizing a technical team, driving resolution, communicating status and escalating to customers, suppliers and IT management as necessary during critical, high impact incidents.
Works in conjunction with entire Platform Support team to maintain system uptime on all enterprise wide platform devices to a world-class level.
Participate in Shifts, on-call rotation for off-hours & Weekend support. Provides support during all times that the system is operational, possibly including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Able to liaise effectively with the colleagues and other teams like network support, service desk, client support, database, architecture, and security groups as well as work with OEMs & Third-Party vendors.
Resolves issues using established problem resolution techniques.
Monitors production systems to identify or recognize production problems.
Generate clear and concise documentation in the form of Knowledge Base (KB), process documents, FAQ, technical tips etc. Also establish processes and documentation for End Users, Service Desk and other support groups as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or 6-10 relevant experience.
• Ideally have 6-10 years relevant hands-on experience in supporting Enterprise Platform Infrastructure environments.
• Provide Operational support of Eaton’s Enterprise Platform SAN, Backup & Compute Infrastructure.
• Provide 24x7x365 support for all Storage devices in the Eaton Enterprise.
• Follow and execute incident, problem and change management processes and procedures. Also needed to have Knowledge of the ITIL model.
• Experience of provisioning storage capacity on EMC hardware (SAN and NAS platforms) such as VMAX (Symmetrix), XtremIO, VNX, Unity, VPLEX & Isilon.
• Experience of working with EMC applications such as Solution Enabler, Unisphere, Symmetrix Management Console, Navisphere, Connectrix Manager.
• Experience of working with EMC local & remote replication technologies such as TimeFinder, SRDF, BCV Cloning & VPLEX GeoSynchrony
• Experience of working with Brocade & Cisco SAN switches.
• Experience of working with backup applications such as Netbackup/Avamar.
• Experience of working with backup media technologies such as EMC Datadomain.
The following would be an advantage:
• Strong Knowledge of OS fundamentals (Windows, Linux, HP UX)
• Knowledge of Volume Management fundamentals. (VXVM, HPUX/Redhat LVM)
• Knowledge of Virtualization technologies is highly preferred (VMware)
• Experience of working with Converged & Hyper Converged Infrastructure platforms & technologies (VxRACK, VxRrail, VMware VSAN) will be an added advantage.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No