Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Marketing Commercial Operations Division is currently seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC location.
The Marketing Communications Specialist should be a creative individual with the ability to drive awareness and lead conversion through “edu-taining” and SEO-driven content development, repurposing and promotion. The Specialist should be an enthusiastic team player who is versatile in digital communications and ready to master the art of reaching the elusive IT professional. As a self-starter and someone at ease networking internally, this person will proactively identify opportunities, vet ideas, extract information from subject matter experts, and take projects to the finish line.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead development of diverse content types for digital platforms from concept to production to enhance web presence, nurture programs, product launches, social media and paid advertising
- Strategize for existing and new content so it is repurposed, measured and constantly optimized; Power user of content creation tools and well-versed in SEO and successful content deployment
- Create and integrate thought leadership and creative concepts to impact product launches and targeted campaigns
- Active in collaborating with vendors (Creative Agency, Marketing Automation, Public Relations, freelance vendors) to extend the reach of our message
- Incite brainstorming sessions for ideation, content curation and connecting disparate projects
- Produces creative content that simplifies complex, technical content through a deep understanding of both the target audience (needs, web behavior, persona) and technical product lines
- Provide tradeshow support by facilitating booth design, promotion material and logistical planning.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, English, communications, business or related field.
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years marketing and/or communications experience
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Raleigh, NC to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Marketing technology experience with platforms like Microsoft Office suite, marketing automation systems (Eloqua, Hubspot, Marketo, or similar), analytics platforms (Google, Catalyst, Omniture), content management systems, CRM (SalesForce, Siebel, or similar), Adobe design suite, social media platforms and tools (Hootsuite), web languages (HTML, Java).
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience authoring thought leadership content for web and digital assets
- Social media management experience
- Editorial content calendar planning and adherence
- Email program experience
- Tradeshow and event support
- Proven track record in creative project execution, project management and working under deadlines
- Superior written communications skills, organizational skills, editing and messaging (video production and editing experience a plus).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No