Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Machinist to join our third shift team. This position is based at our Kearney, NE facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Operate production equipment according to safety and quality guidelines
- Design, create machine parts, fixtures, and tooling from blueprints as well as set up and run manual mills, lathes, and grinders
- Keep work area clean and free of hazards including all 5S expectations
- Keep machinist steel rack and cabinets organized and utilize precision measuring equipment, calipers, and micrometers
- Provide technical assistance to engineering, maintenance, and machine operator
- Mentor machinist and SMOs, help train new machinists/SMO’s when necessary
- Perform normal plant machinist duties including operating all toolroom equipment, including quality of workmanship prior to delivery to customers as well as minor maintenance on toolroom equipment
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum 2-year formal machinist training OR associates degree in related field
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- APEX for manufacturing ratings of P3 or higher in previous two cycles in an internal employee
- Associates degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to work efficiently in a multi-tasking work environment and prioritize workload accordingly
- Must have the ability to interact positively with others within department and across the organization
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No