Eaton’s Innovative Switchgear Solutions business is currently seeking an Electro-Mechanical Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Dacono, CO facility.
As an Electro-Mechanical Assembler, you will be engaged in the highly exacting manufacture of switchgear and related auxiliary products at Eaton's newly acquired Innovative Switchgear Solutions (ISG) business. You will work with other members of the production team and maintain a level of productivity that supports the Master Schedule. While reporting directly to the Production Lead, you will interface with other functions such as Quality, Engineering, and Purchasing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Ensure that products are assembled correctly according to drawings and work instructions.
Ensure that products meet quality standards, perform intended functions, and are shipped according to customer specifications in a satisfactory manner.
Perform standard in-process inspections on products, ensuring conformance with drawings and work instructions. If failures occur, contact Quality Engineer.
Cross check work with contents of traveler in order to ensure that equipment being built meets customer requirements/specifications.
Assist in resolving production failures or product issues.
Perform various electrical and mechanical assembly tasks on production lines using a variety of hand tools and power tools, including torque wrenches, crimpers, painting, cutting, grinding tools, etc.
Read, understand and follow written work instructions in connection with manufacturing assemblies and sub-assemblies. This includes the ability to provide feedback and process improvements to existing work instructions.
Maintain and account for production tools and equipment.
Clean parts/assemblies using solvents and other chemicals as directed in a safe manner.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future.
- No relocation is offered for this role. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the Dacono, CO facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Two or more years of experience in electrical or mechanical assembly work.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, as well as utilize power lifting mechanisms for heavy objects
- Ability to stand, kneel, stoop, squat; in addition to use arms, hands, and fingers to inspect objects, tools, and controls
- Ability to perform visual and dimensional inspections upon completion of certain assembly process steps, as well as on incoming component parts
- This position will be first shift, full time, Monday through Friday
- Ability to read schematics, one-line diagrams, blue prints and other manufacturing documentation
- Strong communication skills and a teamwork orientation
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No