Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Senior EHS Technician on 1st Shift. This position will be located at our Arden, NC facility. This position will offer a relocation benefit.
The position supports environmental, health, safety and security efforts at the site. Individual is accountable for: supporting EHS activities at site including: establishing EHS objectives and targets, internal reporting of EHS performance, ensures plant level EHS programs, policies, procedures and systems are developed, implemented and sustained to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements and conformance with Eaton Corporation mandates. Position is also responsible to maintain site ISO/OSHAS certification along with supporting the creation of strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site.
Coordinates all OSHA compliance programs, including, but not limited to: PPE, Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection, Blood Borne Pathogen, Foot Protection and Eye Protection, Confined Space, Contractor Safety and Hazard Communication. Ensures that appropriate air pollution permits, sewer ordinance requirements NPDES permits are current and are complied with. Actively investigate all accidents and near misses, identifies root causes, and ensures corrective actions are implemented. Will be the lead person for 8D on all recordable accidents. Evaluate jobs for possible ergonomic improvements (body mechanics, lifts, hoists, manipulators, etc.) and implement these work design changes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site
- Champions and leads projects designed to effectively drive improvements in our “Zero Incident Safety Culture” program(s) Drive and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Assist in MESH implementation at site and manage ISO 14001 documentation. Assist in the preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations
- Manage the MESH MOC process, this will include mentoring employees who perform a variety of engineering work in designing, installing, operating, and maintaining measuring apparatus necessary to determine the level of pollutants involving air, land and water
- Manages the hazardous waste compliance program under RCRA
- Ensures industrial hygiene monitoring for identified hazardous risk such as air, noise, dust, etc.
- Maintains and monitors current information and plant compliance on government EHS regulations and corporate policy. Prepares required reports, plans and other government EHS filings and ensures timely and accurate submission
- Serves as a leader of the plant's safety committee and maintain an up-to-date emergency response procedure
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 years of experience in Environmental, Health or Safety in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical), or Environmental Health and Safety from an accredited institution
- Understand knowledge of ISO 14001 and OSHA regulations
- Lean fundamental understanding
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated success in leading, planning, development, and implementation of EHS management systems and compliance programs
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels in an organization, while establishing and maintaining a strong EHS presence
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only