Eaton’s Crouse Hinds Division is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Windsor, CT location.
The position of Sr. Buyer is both exciting & very challenging. This position will support the Airport Lighting product lines and requires exceptional problem-solving skills & the ability to build efficient working relationships across functional groups; Quality, Production, Engineering, and various suppliers across all commodities. Under limited supervision, performs various buying functions that involve confirming production orders and managing inventory levels to meet on-time delivery requirements of the end customer. The role includes procuring supplies and raw materials for the organization. Checks requisitions, contacts suppliers on initiation and follow up, processes change orders and revisions. Makes purchase at prices consistent with quality, quantity and delivery.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
• Schedules & orders direct material from 3rd party suppliers based on MRP requirements resulting from ERP system. Coordinates logistics requirements between customers, suppliers, and Eaton 3rd party logistics provider.
• Manage and respond to MRP requirements in a timely way, maximizing the supply base for delivery, cost and quality.
• Communicates potential direct materials issues to the master schedulers and/or Materials Manager that could significantly impact the production plan.
• Balances current and future demand requirements with operations and supplier capacities to ensure on-time completion of customer requirements.
• Run SAP reports as needed for the SCM team and Logistics. Maintain metrics for On-Time Delivery (OTD), Days on Hand (DOH), Premium Freight, and others as assigned. Responsible for quarterly review and disposal of Excess and Obsolete inventory per company guidelines.
• Summarize Open Order reporting from suppliers to identify potential risks to production schedules.
• Initiate requisitions and follow up to ensure timely availability of parts for production to meet customer shipping dates
• Use problem solving skills to resolve invoice discrepancies with quantity, pricing, etc.
• Manage supplier performance using leading indicator metrics such as PPV, supplier OTD and quality.
• Participate in supplier base reduction activities, cost reduction programs and lead time reduction initiatives to improve overall supply chain performance.
• Expedites material & revises direct material orders on an as needed basis in the ERP system to cover significant changes in manufacturing production schedules.
• Manages material inventory level to meet or exceed annual inventory management objectives.
• Build monthly item level demand plan (supplier forecast) for a rolling 12-month time period that will meet customer requirements, plant inventory plan, and monthly sales forecasts.
• Other related activities as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience performing purchasing function.
- Experience using SAP material planning system
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Windsor, CT to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, or Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution.
- APICS CPIM, CSCM or CPM certification.
- 3+ years of experience performing scheduling or purchasing function in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic concepts of planning and lean material flow (Pull systems, Kanban, MRP, Schedule sequencing, level loading, inventory modeling, JIT, etc.)
- Understanding of Materials Management processes surrounding SIOP, Inventory Management, Materials Planning, Logistics, and Shop Floor execution
- Strong process orientation, analytical, and planning ability
- Professional Customer Service (both internal and external customers)
- Strong data analysis capabilities
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Ability to deal in adverse and ever-changing markets
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively in ambiguous situations.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time