Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Marketing Commercial Operations Division is currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WI location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Inside Sales Representative will work cooperatively with outside sales, sales management and internal/external customers to deliver exceptional customer and sales support with the goal to growing Eaton’s customer base in the utility segment, and meeting or exceeding sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Support sales regions to meet monthly/quarterly/ annual sales goals established by the business
- Demonstrate the ability to professionally manage customer telephone calls and emails while performing other required tasks
- Establish and maintain the best possible commercial relations with existing and potential customers (internal and external) by effectively employing the highest level of skills with regard to the knowledge of customers’ business and organization and knowledge of Eaton product lines and strategic plans
- Coordinate with marketing and sales to provide documentation for customers to look at product information and solutions. Provide product and technical information to outsides sales to support generation of sales into the utility segment
- Respond to field sales and customer channel inquiries (price, lead time and selling policy) in a manner consistent with established division profit, sales, and customer satisfaction objectives
- Provide solutions and alternatives to customers to meet their shipment needs
- Provide direction and solutions on process improvements
- Act as focus for field and customers in dealing with functional departments, i.e., engineering, manufacturing, marketing, logistics, and demand planning
- Accurately process customer quotes and coordinate renewal of quotes as required. Follow-up on orders and quotations and provide information and updates to customers and sales engineers.
- Proactively contact customers following quotes and sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint or objections. Facilitate timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedures for resolution
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items
- Lead project teams and serve as team member for special projects to drive continuous improvement and the team’s performance.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in product support, customer service, inside sales, or proposal support
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Professional experience with SAP
- Professional aptitude and experience in electrical and/or technical products
- Experience in sales.
- Work experience with electrical products
- Commercial experience, specifically working with sales and/or marketing
- Ability to train others and work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to support internal and external contacts within a multi-cultured environment
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Office software package
- Analytical skills and detail-orientation.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in an efficient manner, and work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to work on time sensitive projects, meet critical deadlines, and deliver commitments in a calm and organized manner
- Customer service skills and aptitude.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time