Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor for 1st Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Olean, NY facility. Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
The Production Supervisor will direct departmental activities and initiate/participate in cross-functional activities to accomplish the objectives of safety, quality, productivity, on time delivery, inventory and continuous improvement; which focuses on removing cost from the business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manage department operations and prioritize production requirements. Facilitate shift activity among other department supervisors. Review daily in-process inventory reports to determine and assign machining priorities.
- Assign daily work schedules for direct and indirect labor - employees. Monitor and provide coaching follow-up for employee performance regarding safety, quality and productivity. Monitor machinery, equipment and facility and initiate maintenance work orders, as required, to ensure efficient, effective and safe working conditions.
- Coordinate and maintain associate clerical files regarding attendance, overtime equalization, vacation, training and time-off requests. Manage department expense budgets. Conduct daily department meetings with employee and team leads regarding communications, department and plant concerns, and policy interpretation. Provide training resources within the department for training new employees.
- Initiate and coordinate the job bidding process and determine eligibility of employees. Assist Operations Manager in determining personnel requirements. Create and maintain working relationships with employees initiating employee engagement. Initiate and coordinate assistance as required from support departments.
- Interpret and consistently apply all company safety policies and procedures. Lead cross functional team to improve processes and meet plant objectives. Provide training resources within the department for training new employees. Initiate and coordinate the job bidding process and determine eligibility of employees. Assist Operations Manager in determining personnel requirements.
- Create and maintain working relationships with employees initiating employee engagement. Initiate and coordinate assistance as required from support departments. Interpret and consistently apply all company safety policies and procedures. Lead cross functional team to improve processes and meet plant objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Experience with lean transformation.
- Prior experience with production planning.
- Experience with SAP and SPC.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time