Eaton’s Hydraulic Power and Motion Controls Division is currently seeing a CNC Machinist to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus! $1,000 will be paid out after 6 months of employment and another $1,000 after one year of employment with Eaton.
The CNC Machinist is responsible for working as a team with the primary purpose of maintaining a continuous flow of material through a manufacturing cell or work area, as required executing production demands. In this role you will promote and be involved in continuous improvement activities to eliminate waste and improve efficiency of the manufacturing process.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Utilize knowledge of CNC machining and production operations, set up and operate precision grinding and lapping machines (surface, internal, centerless) on a variety of production work to customer specifications
- Set up, adjust, and review programming as well as edit programs as required by operating instructions, job orders, tooling instructions and process control charts
- Perform minor routine preventative maintenance and replenish oils and coolants as needed as well as take corrective action to prevent broken tools or damage to equipment
- Perform fixture setups for varying order requirements
- Perform tool preset when needed and the corresponding tool offsets
- Demonstrate continuous mental and visual attention necessary to assure part conformity and take corrective action to prevent broken tools or damage to equipment
- Set up, operate and perform light maintenance on a variety of CNC machining centers
- Inspect the adequacy of machining operations through established inspection and gaging techniques
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum of a High School diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in machine tool operation, including 6 months of CNC experience or 2 years of vocational schooling in machining, including CNC operation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Associate’s degree in Machine Tool Technology from an accredited institution is preferred but not required
- 3+ years prior CNC experience in mill, lathe, or grinding operations
- Ability to run multiple types of CNC machines and understand G-code/M-code programming
- Ability to read and interpret operating instructions and blueprints
- Ability to use various types of precision gages, measuring and inspection equipment
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in a machine shop environment
- Activity handling average weight materials (5 – 30 lb. frequently and heavier with lift assist device infrequently)
- Frequent exposure to hydraulic fluids, coolants, lubricants, and cast iron
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only