Eaton’s North America Electrical Sales division is currently seeking an Area Service Sales Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Charlotte, NC location. Relocation assistance will be provided if residing outside 50 miles of this location.
The Area Service Sales Manager will be responsible for managing a customer base, sales resources, products and channels to market to achieve planned results for the district. This individual will provide leadership and development to a sales team consisting of sales professionals, sales reps and the distributor channel. Expected results include but are not limited to growth in sales and market share, channel development as well as developing talent within the district. Position includes travel up to 25%.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead Service Sales Specialists towards reaching their financial, territory, and personal development goals
- Develop a dynamic sales plan for the territory, incorporating the full suite of Eaton Engineering Services
- Identify market shifts while being fully aware of new service offerings and competition status.
- Set annual quotas and forecast monthly sales in the region
- Collaborate with all channel partners and Vertical Segment colleagues in reaching service sales objectives
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Conduct and/or participate in high-level sales calls, sales meetings, training, in-house demonstration for sales prospects, etc.
- Provide coaching, strategic direction, and powerful feedback to the sales team, offering guidance in matters relative to customer relations, pricing, and forecasting
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years electrical industry sales/marketing experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Marketing
- Prior people management experience
- Previous experience managing people and channels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of integrity
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations and employee development
- Strong knowledge of managing services, service applications and distribution channels
- Experience in growing sales and market share, channel development and developing employee talent
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time