- Direct management responsibility for Operations to Eaton standards and achievement of specific operational KPI’s (Service, cost productivity, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, sourcing, quality, environment, health and safety, inventory, warehousing and distribution).
- Provides direct management of the two operations teams on all aspects related to the manufacturing and controlling of production to fulfill our customers’ needs in the most efficient and profitable way.
- Drives to meet the On Time Delivery targets by putting in place the required production capacity, resources and systems.
- Coordinates the activities of the teams to optimize cost performance of the plant, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste.
- Interacts closely with the worldwide Crouse Hinds operations teams.
- Provides design for manufacturing input at early stages in the New Product Development process. Co-ordinates with New Product Development Team to implement new and revised designs through developing effective processes to optimize cost and quality.
- Carries out profit planning for the plants and ensures that the objectives for the site are met within approved budget, schedules and quality specifications.
- Manage the financial performance of the business to achieve targeted EBT and growth.
- Represents the business to third (external) parties by having regular close contact to local and regional communities and ensures that environmental, health and safety regulations are in compliance with applicable laws and company systems.
- Drives the implementations of 5S, Lean Manufacturing, VAVE and Six Sigma methodology, strive for world class manufacturing standards, visual management and achievement of cost productivity targets.
- Develops an environment conducive to personal learning and development ensuring all team members are fully informed and equipped to deliver maximum performance.
- Develops data collection, analysis and delivers plans for improvement across the operation
- Drives Environmental Health & Safety (MESH) program throughout the Operations team and develops a strong EHS culture.
- Experience in operations management with cost centre accountability.
- Proven leadership and management skills within supply chain, HR and finance.
- Experience with consistent labour productivity improvement.
- Understanding of ERP systems and world class manufacturing techniques and Six Sigma.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on achieving results.
- German and English fluent.
- Great working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us.
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD HAC Hazardous Area Communications
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time