Eaton’s Power Systems is currently seeking a Machine Operator- 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Machine Operator will be responsible for the set up and assembly of parts for sub components by either drilling and/ or pinning.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Gather materials and complete routed operation per work order instructions.
- Perform some complicated sub-assembly operations, usually limited to a specific standard procedure - on a repetitive basis.
- Set-up workstation to facilitate easier assembly and operate independently or on a group basis.
- Screen defective parts and make adjustments as necessary.
- Perform work from specifications, and/or communicated instructions.
- Contribute suggestions for methods or product improvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 year of Manufacturing experience.
- Minimum 1 year of previous assembly experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience reading blueprint and schematics.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No