Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
GTM Manager, Origin and Cost Out
Location: Europe - close to any Eaton location
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
You will be responsible for working with the various Eaton businesses to implement best practice for customs origin. The role will be responsible for ensuring that each business understands the rules of origin and has a robust system in place to collate the relevant declarations and maintain correct calculations. The role will also be responsible for identifying, designing, and implementing duty reduction programs within the EMEA region. In particular, this position will work to drive Cost Outs for the organization within EMEA. There is a similar position in the Americas region so liaison with that role will be required This will be a highly visible role within GTM. You will be expected to partner with Senior Business Leaders to understand how GTM can deliver additional value to the organization.
- Designing and implementing a program for Eaton businesses on country of origin determination that aligns the regulations and maximizes the use of Free Trade Agreements
- Liaison with the entre of Excellence in Budapest
- Identifying best practice where found and implementing that across the region
- Document new processes and guide the business on the implementation
- Audit of origin processes in the business
- Partner with Eaton businesses and SCM team members to identify savings opportunities in cross border deliveries.
- Analyze cost and supply chain data to identify cost out opportunities to pursue for the benefit of Eaton and our customers.
- Align recordkeeping practices with cost out programs to ensure Eaton is in compliance with regulations.
- Development of metrics to track savings, cost avoidance, duty outlays, and efficiency of import and export operations.
- Lead the development and implementation of the GTM function’s strategic learning plan, including courses, competencies, and the GTM section of Eaton’s online College of SCM.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on custom origin – than please apply.
- 10+ years’ experience in global trade management (preferred: 5+ years’ experience managing duty recovery and minimization programs)
- Familiarity with the application of rules of origin with more than one free trade agreement
- Demonstrated understanding of duty reduction programs
- Strong project leadership skills and the ability to work on a global team with members of varying experience levels
- Data analytics experience to assess potential savings opportunities
- Ability to read and understand regulations pertaining to import and export operations.
- Familiarity with free trade agreement rules of origin and application to manufacturing operations
- Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Provide strategic vision for organization design and execute necessary actions.
- Knowledge of ERP processes
- Ability to think critically and have strong project/program management skills.
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time