Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Regional Category Manager - Resin - EMEA
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
You will support the development and deployment of the global category strategy of Thermoset and Thermoplastic resins and is the primary owner of the strategy execution in the respective region(s) and / or business(es). Driving towards optimal conditions (cost, commercial, quality, delivery, innovation, VAVE) for the related category spend of approximately $60+ million / 30 supplier and maintaining a high focus on execution. Through his/her actions builds leverage across businesses and drives the One SCM concept both internally and externally, being the ambassador of the Eaton SCM community.
You develop deep category knowledge and becomes a true expert, knowing the portfolio and the market as well, in order to provide leadership guidance for the business and organization in the region. Builds and maintains strong relations with stakeholders and practices political savvy to support organization and function reaching their goals. Collaborates with other functions (operations, quality, logistics, R&D) for any new product development as well as solving any existing problems and to prevent reoccurrence of such.
- Initiates, develops and executes strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies and increased leverage across a rationalized set of global and regional preferred supplier partners.
- Negotiates and manages key strategic supplier contracts and relationships.
- Reviews, approves, monitors and reports compliance to category agreements and strategies based upon Eaton SCM strategic directions.
- Develops innovative business solutions, forecasts and commodity projections, and provides mitigation actions as applicable.
- Presents to senior management new planning tools, methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities that are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives.
- Identifies and implements innovative solutions to business problems, independently and through cross functional One Eaton teams.
- Benchmarks procurement processes to develop and implement best practices throughout Eaton and Supply Chain Management.
- Creates alignment between corporate and business unit strategic and financial plans.
- Ensures compliance of suppliers with Eaton SCM Sustainability Programs.
- Ensures compliance of Eaton SCM policies.
- Plan, prepare and execute annual profit planning for the owned spend, and supports execution with the business cross functional teams.
- Ensures compliance on GO GREEN initiative, and maintains key category related metrics according to expectations.
- Leads Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers on a regular basis annually.
- Conduct other category manager related activities requested by the Global Category Manager
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on category management, preferably plastic/resin category– than please apply.
- This position requires minimum a Bachelor's degree. Mechanical / Chemical engineering degree is preferred but not a must.
- At least 5 years of supply chain experience, previous specific Commodity Management/Strategic Sourcing Experience is a must
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time