Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Supervisor Quality Process to join our team. This position is based at our Haina facility.
Assure customer satisfaction through our Quality System; accountable for quality performance by monitoring Quality related metrics, conducting Quality Assessments. Making improvements in the quality procedures, and develop innovations to improve productivity and reduce product costs.
1. Responsible to establish and develop quality process, such as cost out and process improvement projects to attain plant goals and improve the quality level. Administer the plant Quality program, to maintain required quality levels for plant.
2. Prepare report and presentation to monitor and improve the metrics that impact Quality indicators such as: Warranty, Scrap (within the plants), Quality PPM, PPAP Cycle times, DMR metrics, Hold area inventory, Focus 5 or Major Detractors to the PPM metric and Scrap, etc.
3. Propose and implement improvements processes to guarantee the fulfillment of EQS Policies such as PR-5 Internal PPAP/FAI and PR-6.
4. Participate in Internal ISO 9001 audits to assure compliance of the Quality System and follow up on the resulting corrective actions (CAR’s) or opportunities for improvement (OFI’s).
5. Collect and maintain Historic data control (statistics of products) to support and determine quality issue and root cause.
6. Maintain and support the policies of the Eaton Quality System (EQS).
8. Analyze production quality issues (including metrics trends), customer and supplier Feedbacks, prepare corrective action plan, follow up and close any actions which are documented through WISPER; maintain the communication process between supplier, external and internal customers.
9. Lead the Quality process activities and implement quality action plan on any New Product Introductions and transfers as per the PROLaunch Project guidelines.
10. Increase levels of quality through continuous improvement processes and process defect prevention.
11. Coordinate/Supervise the functions-task of the Quality Assistant, quality Inspector and Process Technician. Provide training to engineering assistants and interns assigned to the line, assign tasks and monitor their performance.
12. Maintain Quality Capability process, according to EQS criteria. Require and follow up actions plans with customer/supplier o process that are not in compliance.
14. Maintain and monitor the incoming inspection of the plant, together with the Hold area, to comply with the requirements of Quality procedures.
15. Maintain our quality system in conjunction with our various programs / systems to be implemented in Eaton Corporation.
16. Develop and implement cost reduce programs to increase efficiency and productivity.
17. Ensured that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained.
18. Creating the necessary infrastructure to meet process capability index established by EQS and develop action plans for those processes that do not meet this standard. Supervise, improve and monitor metrics or measures of capacity as indicators of production processes such as Yield, Scrap, Productivity Efficiency.
19. Keep tools PFMEA actualize and Control Plans with unusual conditions of the production process, as specified by the EQS.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree on industrial, electrical or electromechanical engineering, or other related science.
· Preferable Post grade degree in Quality, Productivity, engineering or others related science.
· Minimum experience of 3-5 years in similar positions.
· Full Bilingual (English / Spanish)
· PC knowledge: Microsoft Office, Minitab, Access, and AS400.
· Knowledge: Lean Tools, 6 Sigma and SPC.
· ISO 9001 Internal Auditor (Lead Auditor is a plus)
Preferred (Basic) Qualifications:
· Pro-Launch tools (preferably)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time