- You will be responsible for operating heavy equipment such as: Forklifts and Baylor
- You will handle all finished products for shipment; call carriers and load materials into carrier's vehicles.
- You will be picking up parts and stocking products using a forklift
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Auburn, WA will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Should be familiar with assembly drawings and written instructions
- Basic computer skills with strong attention to detail.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Shipping / Receiving
- 1-2 years’ experience in forklift operation
- Experience in electrical equipment manufacturing and assembly (panelboards / switchboards preferred)
- Experience using various tools, including: Manual/electric/pneumatic tools, drill press, press brake, fork truck, jib crane, template/fixtures, hand carts, measuring and testing equipment, storage/packaging materials and prescribed safety equipment.
- Must be able to interact and contribute in a small team environment.
- Know and follow established job specific and facility wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management's attention or correct those they can.
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities
- Develop job safety analysis and safe working procedures.
- Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Accident, near-miss accident or potential hazard investigations.
- Keep other employees aware of health and safety practices and activities by actively observing fellow employee work practices and incorporating safety.
- Maintain housekeeping in work area.
- Maintain health and safety equipment in good working order.
- Actively participate in health and safety training and demonstrate competency based on training received.
- Participate actively in providing suggestions for the health and safety program improvement.
- Know and implement regulatory compliance requirements in their work area.
- Wear and maintain required and as applicable task specific PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Wear required eye protection and steel toe shoes on shop floor
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No