Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Global Market Intelligence to join our team. This position is based at our Vehicle Headquarters in Southfield, MI or in Galesburg, MI. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Manager, Global Market Intelligence will provide global leadership of Vehicle Group market research and assessment to assist the strategic decisions of the Vehicle Group. In this role, you will provide visibility and risks/opportunities of market drivers as it relates to Eaton’s business. The Senior Manager, Global Market Intelligence will be responsible for identification of leading indicators/trends to explanation of Eaton’s business versus primary market indicators. You will generate market forecasts based on external and internal inputs and lead the aggregation and analysis of topline global sales forecasts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Market research and analysis: Development of monthly market overviews and implications to Eaton business. Customer and platform life cycle analysis. Generate an Eaton forecast and optimistic/pessimistic scenarios to provide leadership with clear market overview to develop strategies.
Strategic and Profit Planning: Leadership to support the aggregation and analysis of global top line forecast. Development and analysis of global sales, production and market trends in an effort to identify risks and opportunities to our business.
Leadership presentations: Development and presenter of monthly reports to educate leadership on market trends, including: Operating Reviews, Rolling Forecast, Supplier Webcast, Regional and Product Team Staff Meetings.
Business case development: Supports Product Teams, Sales, Finance and Operations with business case development through market analysis, including: macroeconomic analysis, market acceptance and trends of technologies, production/sales forecasts, customer news and geographic trend analysis.
Primary market analysis and comparison: Monthly analysis of Eaton’s business versus market growth rates. Requires the ability to concisely communicate Eaton’s business trends vs. end markets.
Special studies: Leads organization in conducting special market studies, such as: alternative fuel trends, global regulatory impact, powertrain trends, OEM consolidation, emerging market needs, etc.
Global leadership: Leads market intelligence organization including teams in US, Brazil, China, India and Europe. Provides direction, oversight and support of global market research and analysis. Including the development of database tools to improve the efficiency and accuracy of forecasts.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited university
- Minimum 7 years of experience in industry analysis
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, engineering or other relevant field
- MBA or Master’s degree in any of the above fields is preferred
- History of developing a forecast
- Strong appreciation and understanding of the vehicle industry and how it operates
- Technical background and understanding of automotive and commercial vehicle technologies
- Global leadership experience
- Executive presentations: Proven ability to concisely communicate market trends and the impact to business. Managerial courage to deliver differing perspectives by providing logical interpretation of multiple perspectives and scenarios.
- Analytical: Must be able to confidently leverage PowerPoint, Excel and database tools to develop comprehensive presentations and analysis. Understands and can use statistical tools to explain an issue.
- Strategic thinking: Demonstrated experience in developing recommendations based on the aggregation of numerous variables and market conditions. Develops forecasts with open view of leading market drivers and indicators.
- Managerial – Successful experience in leading a team. Track record of getting results through self and others. Experience in driving aligned actions through groups that don’t directly report to them.
- Project management skills: Ability to lead the planning, implementation, and evaluation of projects according to established processes; serve as a consultant for internal and external customers.
- Issues management: Ability to anticipate emerging issues that have the potential to impact revenue and profits.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH PDMP MKT
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time