Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Power Electronics Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for thermal simulations, mechanical design, development and testing of power electronics devices, with focus on thermal management. You will be a member of the global Power Electronics (PE) Center of Excellence (CoE) team and will report to the power electronics team leader of PE CoE.
Your key deliverables :
• Leads mechanical design and development activities and demonstrates start-finish ownership for the assigned project and task;
• Performs 3D modelling, thermal simulation and design of mechanical parts for power switching and circuit protection applications;
• Builds prototypes and participates in thermal and mechanical stress tests, analyzes data to improve/optimize the design in terms of performance, size, cost, manufacturability, and reliability;
• Collaborates with electrical and system engineers to successfully develop and validate the design;
• Stays current with the latest packaging and cooling technologies, applies knowledge to power conversion and protection applications.
• Bachelor´s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent;
• Minimum 5 years of experience in power electronics-related mechanical and packaging design;
• Strong skills in 3D modelling and good understanding of mechanical packaging techniques in power electronics;
• Expertise in thermal management and cooling methods, applied to power switching circuitries;
• Hands-on experience with FEA and CFD simulation using ANSYS or similar tools;
• Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to tackle diverse problems;
• Fluent in oral and written English.
• Master´s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent;
• Experience in applying DfSS methods;
• Demonstrated knowledge of engineering processes.
What Eaton offers:
• Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
• Focus on technology and innovation instead of struggling with bureau typical for corporate environment.
• Roomy offices, good canteen, space for your creativity, ping pong, and others.
• Annual bonus, multisport card, cycling and sport friendly environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time