If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer-Intellectual Property based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Demonstrate ability to analyze large amount of data, connect multiple data sources and generate actionable insights for progression of the technology and IP creation.
- Contribute in creation of new work packages, coordinating from concept to implementation stage, managing deliverables executed by multi-disciplinary teams.
- Support other team members and engineering community by understanding state of art, highlighting whitespace for solution development, IP creation, protection and mitigation of infringement risks.
- Possess ability to influence and drive people / activities on complex technical issues
- List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- Working with multidisciplinary and geographically diverse teams, the individual will
- Conduct various prior art searches (Landscapes, patentability, Freedom-to-Operate, patent validity/invalidity assessment) using open and specialized patent and literature databases
- Ability to read huge volume of patents and literatures and communicate complex technologies/ concepts in an easy-to-understand format to business and stakeholder to drive decisions.
- Responsible for conducting patent landscape/watch analysis, identifying the trend of the competitors and/or emerging technologies, and developing IP strategy to protect & commercialize key technologies
- Technically sound to quickly understand technologies related to the electrical domain, including vehicle & aerospace electrification domain, especially technologies related to systems & components for power distribution, control & storage
- Interface with cross-functional Engineering across Eaton's business units to gather technical information related to an invention disclosure, and assist legal teams in assessing the patentability of the inventions
- Perform various other types of patent analyses viz. claims mapping, portfolio analysis, whitespace analysis etc.
- Working knowledge in creating competitive and technology intelligence reports which includes technology, market and IP perspectives.
- Develop expertise in atleast one of the business verticals and contribute novel ideas in key programs of the respective verticals
- Collaborate with global experts, external partners and extended teams to enable technology development
- Stay abreast of product, technology, patent laws and intellectual property management processes.
- Ensure accuracy and quality of deliverables while coordinating with integrated project teams.
- Work with the manager and other members in the team to lead IP awareness, management and strategy efforts in the organization.
- Provide mentorship to other members of the team and promotes a learning culture
- Deploy existing processes and bring change in a collaborative and constructive manner for continuous improvement.
- The incumbent should possess strong report and technical writing skills. He/she should be a good communicator and should be able to drive results working in m
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical / Power Systems / Controls Engineering or equivalent technical field from accredited institutions with specialization/experience in Intellectual property
- 5+ years of experience working in-house or with law firms on the various facets of IP, including searching, analytics, intelligence, strategic reports, training and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated excellence in theoretical and applied methods of IP and significant experience with establishing the Innovation and IP practices in an organization from idea mining, idea protection to patent filing and maintenance.
- Develop and provide additional capabilities to improve the effectiveness and quality of patent search and analytics.
- Knowledge of tools and databases that can be used to improve the effectiveness and delivery of the work products.
- Experience in providing IP clearance and preparing on grounds for invalidation/opposition of blocking patents/applications to assist the IP attorneys on IP matters.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time