Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Cost Accountant to join our team. This position is based in Horseheads, NY.
The Cost Accountant will develop, analyze, prepare, and submit cost accounting, general accounting and financial planning information in accordance with required deadlines and corporate policies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop, analyze, prepare, and submit cost accounting, general accounting and financial planning information in accordance with required deadlines and corporate policies.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts in a timely manner.
- Prepare a variety of journal entries for input in the corporate general ledger system and analyze general ledger accounts, as necessary.
- Complete Month End close and all associated schedules/commentaries per division established time periods.
- Implement standard costing rates and modify standard costing, as necessary.
- Coordinate annual inventory. Obtains quarterly off-site inventory counts if applicable. Prepares variance analysis, variance reconciliation reports and required corporate physical count reporting.
- Coordinate cost information for annual cost revision.
- Maintain current and standard cost information in manufacturing system.
- Responsible for updating yearly burden rates, S&O, and Warranty Tac-on templates.
- Be an active member of the Inventory Accuracy Team. Assist in variance investigation and provides corrective action suggestions.
- Update and analyze Material Price Variance report.
- Reconcile, investigate, and close open inventory balances on aged manufacturing orders.
- Develop sales and cost of sales detail for the monthly forecast process in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the timely completion of monthly sales and cost of sales detail for forecast.
- Review & approve engineering change orders and participate in weekly engineer meetings.
- Support the cycle count program through review, approval, and analysis as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of accounting or finance experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and corporate financial systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word highly recommended.
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or ERP Systems helpful.
- Strong financial reporting, analysis and presentation skills.
- Experience in financial forecasting and modeling.
- Understanding of US GAAP.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and understanding of (accounting) principles, policies and (business) concepts.
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational analyses/reports.
- General knowledge of financial systems.
- General knowledge of statutory accounting requirements Making decision - decision making techniques to know and apply in practice.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time