Eaton’s Industrial Plastics Division is currently seeking a Plant Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Williamsport, MD. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Plant Manager will provide leadership for the Industrial Plastics Division (IPD) of the Filtration Division. The primary responsibilities include development and implementation of strategies to drive improvement in sales and profits as well as ensuring continuous improvement in operational performance and employee satisfaction. Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, EHS and Production are direct reports located in Williamsport, MD. The IPD Plant Manager would also collaborate with the NAFTA leadership team responsible for HR, Sales and Customer Service in the region.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Must work consistently to maintain safe and healthy working conditions, to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injury and illness and to observe all governmental, regional and company safety and health regulations.
- Lead the EBS planning processes for strategic planning, OCA, and profit planning for the IPD business.
- Work with the IPD leadership team and NAFTA sales organization to identify growth opportunities and align investments accordingly.
- Ensure IPD’s competitive advantage for quality and service excellence is maintained for the customer base.
- Provide leadership on new product development priorities, pricing actions, and portfolio management.
- Develop plans to achieve world class high five metrics (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, and Inventory) at the Williamsport, Maryland site.
- Implement Eaton process and tools in all functions to further solidify use of EBS at the site.
- Create an environment to engage employees and ensure high levels of employee satisfaction.
- Provide leadership and oversight of continuous improvement initiatives, the quality management system, and EHS initiatives aligned with MESH requirements.
- Select, motivate and develop an employee group that has the skills to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets.
- Develop and implement capital plans to the support manufacturing strategy.
- Develop plans to increase productivity and continually
improve the product cost structure.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 8 years manufacturing experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality, production, engineering, or plant management
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree is highly preferred
- Lean Six Sigma certified
- Extrusion knowledge/experience
- Experience in leading change
- Demonstrated knowledge and plant manufacturing operations and business leadership
- Ability to engage and motivate a team to achieve results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with employees at all levels
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Discretion in working with confidential and sensitive materials and situations as well as good business judgment
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws, regulations, and standards
- Strong organizational and work management skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico