Eaton has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Analyst - Sales and Use Tax, located at our Beachwood, OH facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Control and manage sales & use tax audits. Develop audit response strategies, work with operations personnel to locate and/or prepare supporting documentation as requested by tax auditors. Liaise directly with external tax authorities. Defend tax positions taken on tax returns
- Perform tax research on sales and use tax matters. Stay current on, interpret and communicate state and local sales & use tax laws to assure accurate compliance and to minimize tax costs.
- Provide training and support to operations personnel with respect to interpretation of the laws and the importance of obtaining valid exemption certificates.
- Identify opportunities to recover overpaid sales & use tax. Represent Eaton in working with outside consultants on reverse audits. Communicate audit savings to the operations and recommend corrective actions and improvements for the future.
- Serve as the lead go-to tax person on the sales & use tax software. Assist Tax Technology Management by strategically providing suggestions and improvements to sales & use tax data flows. Control and maintain the tax software at all levels. Assist with the identification and capture of sales and use tax business requirements and reporting needs. Assure correct configuration and implementation of software systems and maintenance of tax rules and rates. Train company personnel on the sales & use tax software.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement using technology. Directly work with IT and Tax Technology Team to leverage technology and drive automation within the sales & use tax processes. Improve end-to-end processes that drive tax efficient performance and reduce risk of manual error. Lead and facilitate tax member meetings to insure tax objectives are being met during IT system discussions.
- Become knowledgeable of Eaton’s businesses, organizational changes and accounting policies and practices. Establish and maintain contacts with accounting, legal and operations personnel to facilitate timely identification of and response to issues and/or opportunities and to drive implementation of changes.
- Participate in identifying, analyzing, planning and implementing tax and administrative cost saving strategies whenever possible.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of sales and use tax experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. Candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Eaton's Beachwood OH facility to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Excellent communication, networking, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft applications, financial accounting systems (Oracle, SAP), and tax software (Vertex)
- Strong working knowledge of sales & use tax law (statutory, administrative and case law), GAAP and SEC accounting principles
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of sales and use tax experience
- Oracle, SAP, and Vertex experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time