Eaton’s Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking an E/M Acceptance Test Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Glenolden, PA facility.
The E/M Acceptance Test Technician will be responsible for testing products for compliance with Acceptance Test Procedures and product drawing within the guidelines of internal and customer documents by working with PMO for customer witness test and help test industrial line products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Utilize test fixtures and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) / drawings to ensure product compliance, and maintain accurate ATP records.
- Understand basic pressure theory.
- Assemble products per drawings and routers utilizing tools and fixtures.
- Proficiently use of oscilloscopes, function generator, device programmer & mass spectrometer for acceptance of product. (Vibration table, tenney chamber, hot oil room, electronic test equipment)
- Be able to perform preliminary failure analysis down to component level on non-conforming product.
- Inspect and diagnose PC Boards to component level (for failure analysis)
- Coordinate with Engineering group for shared resources and test validation
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years in an electronics environment utilizing blueprints/drawings.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. (Mostly used for Aerospace reqs)
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Glenolden, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position is Safety Sensitive and is subject to random testing under our Drug and Alcohol Abatement program.
- Associates/Technical degree in electronics
- Minimum of two (2) years of electronics testing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with MS Office
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No