Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a CNC Machinist (Setup/Operate) to join our team! This position is based at our Glenolden, PA facility.
The CNC Machinist’s primary function is to set-up and prove out jobs, perform all quality checks and operate in a safe manner.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Interpret blueprints generated per ANSI/ASME Y.14.5 guidelines (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing). Ability to manufacture parts which conform to same specification.
- Inspect parts using precision measuring tools equipped with vernier and DRO scales. Such tools include optical comparators, micrometers, indicators, etc.
- Set-up and operate one or more of the following machine tools: CNC milling machines, CNC turning machines
- Interpret and edit "G-code" (ANSI/EIA RS-274) NC programs
- Set-up and operate simple machine tools such as drill presses, manual presses, saws, shears, etc.
- Set-up and operate manual grinding equipment
- Sharpen various cutting tools
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company —
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
Must have five years experience in trade as a machinist
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Glenolden, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Proficient in trigonometry
- Understand the mechanics of chip formation and metal cutting
- Knowledge of ANSI/EIA RS-274 ("G" code NC programs).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No