Eaton’s Corporate Industrial Vehicle Sector eMobility Group is currently seeking an Account Manager – eMobility to join our team! This position will be based at our Southfield, MI location.
Drive the development and implementation of a sales strategy for innovative products within automotive OE customers that enables the growth of the eMobility product line through aggressive customer engagement and planning. The eMobility Account Manager is responsible for the attainment of eMobility Product Line sales and profitability targets within multiple accounts in North America.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Formulate a sales strategy for the related products and customers and drive its implementation throughout the organization including cross-functional responsibility
- Manage and prioritize the opportunity and pursuit pipeline for the dedicated products, projects and customers within the Product Line
- Maintain the quotation process and maximum pursuit conversion rate-to-wins
- Develop accurate business cases with support of all relevant functions such as Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain and Finance from RFQ to management approval
- Be the sales related interface to the global account management team of Eaton’s Vehicle & Electrical groups
- Ensure contracts terms for new projects are negotiated to maximize the benefit of Eaton (prices, costs, volumes, warranties, raw material price clause, intellectual property, design ownership, etc.)
- Develop and control the customer-related pricing strategy
- Be responsible for the serial and project related price negotiations according to target from pre-RFQ phase until end of production (EOP)
- Identify and focus on new market opportunities to grow the business, which, includes selling existing products into new customers and identification of new product opportunities
- Represent the company at senior levels within the customer base and internally to ensure the image of Eaton is maintained and enhanced as an aid to achieving sales targets.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of sales or account management experience and five to seven (5 – 7) years of experience in the automotive industry
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Southfield, MI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree education in business administration or engineering from an accredited institution.
- Strong capabilities and knowledge of automotive related processes such as engineering change management, cost breakdown analysis, auctions, project management
- Strong negotiation skills with the aspiration of short term wins and long-term success
- Experienced in contract management of automotive nomination process i.e. volume, price, T&Cs, intellectual property, etc.
- Possess excellent social skills, public speaking experience, great presentation skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent PC skills (Windows, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to manage development contracts with customers
- Financial skills to understand the business case and identify levers to improve.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time