Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Quality Inspector to join our 2nd Shift team. This position is based at our North Charleston, SC. facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Conduct required product inspections of precision machined components used in Aerospace applications and maintain appropriate systems (ie. DR system, Quality log).
- Maintain Quality Records.
- Conduct Training and Audits as required.
- Develop and maintain Quality Plan work instructions.
- Work with QE and ME to reduce in process and final inspection time.
- Participate in containment and investigation of internal and external product nonconformance activity.
- Follow all Eaton safety policies and standards.
- Fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of North Charleston, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with manufacturing, engineering and quality cross functional teams to resolve quality problems
- Minimum 1 year experience in GD & T application and blueprint reading
- Minimum 1 year experience with inspection equipment and gaging methods such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No