Eaton’s Electrical Division, Project Management Organization is currently seeking a Projects Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary function of the Project Engineer is to serve as the technical liaison between the product lines, field sales and the customer during the execution of small project orders. In this role, you will have technical ownership of the order and create a positive customer experience through a proactive approach to project support and issue resolution. The Project Engineer leverages centralized resources to manage documentation and resolve issues and builds relationships across customers and Eaton facilities to deliver a successful project. You will work independently on daily tasks, taking direction from Sales Engineers, Project Managers and the Project Management Organization (PMO) Management Team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers in assigned territory
- Use Bid Manager for product configuration, changes and pricing
- Manage daily phone and email activity, providing directions, solutions and updates
- Interpret customer plans and specifications to provide accurate information on project orders
- Develop and execute proactive order entry strategies that will facilitate order fulfillment and technical support as well as minimize order delay
- Serve as the customer’s advocate by relaying the appropriate level of urgency to peer contacts in the operations and escalating issues as required to management
- Provide technical support and follow through on warranty issues
- Pursue continuous learning of products and applications related to engineered products.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in electrical or construction industry.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in creative problem solving, conflict resolution and managing priorities
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Order management tasks require ability to learn business processes and Eaton proprietary applications such as Bid Manager, CQM, Vista, etc.
- Possess strong organizational skills for managing and organizing high volume of transactions (orders, specifications, drawings, technical issues, documentation, etc.)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time