Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Marketing Commercial Operations Division is currently seeking an Industrial Applications Engineer to join our team! This position will be based at our Houston, TX location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary purpose of the Industrial Applications Engineer is to facilitate the customer visit and training programs in the Eaton Experience Center and to design, engineer, and implement new additions to the programs. The Industrial Applications Engineer will provide consultation and power system/power quality application support to customer and Eaton visitors. This position will work closely with the marketing team to ensure consistent messaging across Eaton.
The Eaton Experience Center (EEC) is a 55,000 square foot world-class training and application demonstration facility located in Houston, TX used to exhibit, test and highlight advancements made in the commercial, industrial, oil and gas, utility, and telecommunication markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Design and conduct specialized technical training for internal and external visitors
- Work with the Experience Center team to manage customer visits and Voice of Customer (VOC) information
- Manage the creation and development of vertical market through leadership training content and video content
- Design application vignettes and product displays for global Eaton Experience Centers by working with stakeholders on requirements
- Self-management of additions/projects and financial justification including direct management of vendors, contractors, and intern/co-ops
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain existing Experience Center equipment and systems consultation and problem solving relative to products and systems available from Eaton
- Establish goals by gathering pertinent business, financial service, and operations information.
- Work with Eaton Business units to support their strategic sales and marketing efforts
- Accomplish results by communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising staff results, enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum two to five (2-5) years of experience in engineering
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Engineer in training certification
- Teaching and/or training experience.
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of power quality and power systems engineering
- Hands on experience with electrical distribution and control systems is desirable.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only