- Develops and maintains robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices and EATON safety standards. Must be expert in Electronic processes (SMD, special soldering processes & Assembly). Assists others in root cause and failure analysis as required.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts, critical design reviews, Design for Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as growth opportunities. Guaranty Manufacturing Guideline application in product/Process design.
- Influence new product development projects using ProLaunch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules, and improve manufacturability (process flow chart, PFMEA)
- Define process equipment and tooling & Validate product manufacturability (assembly choice, component choice, design rules respect, best practice, RETEX, quality level and cycle times).
- Promotes culture of continuous improvement and Eaton Safety standard and understands lean manufacturing techniques as they apply to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- Implements methods and practices to reduce Manufacturing process variation. Understands application of SPC and gage R&R. Ensure technical production support along product lifetime.
- Assists in the composition of Capital Appropriation Requests for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies, for new product introduction or continuous improvement, as required.
- Participate in processes and equipment benchmark/ technologic survey to ensure manufacturing process robustness, and cycle time compatibility
- Master’s Degree in Engineering field
- 5 years’ as Process engineer in complex and international context
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, etc.
- Understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating
- Corrective action(s) - i.e. 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gage R & R, Control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Microsoft Project, MiniTab; knowledge of Computer Aided Design /Computer Aided Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e. IATF).
- Understanding of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing
- Requirements. (design/process interface).
- Expert in electronic manufacturing processes and technical specifications to support facilities competencies – i.e. metal cutting, tool design, welding,soldering, etc.
- Good leadership and teambuilding attitude
- Fluent in English
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time