If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Senior Engineer Firmware RWDD based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· This exciting role is part of an Electrical Sector with a primary responsibility of designing and developing code, module level and system level embedded software design/coding, validation using programming language C. Provide technical solutions, follow defined processes & lead in product development & technology innovations. Additionally, assisting the technical lead for conceptualization, engineering and software specification of new product platform solutions that meet the stated market requirements for performance, cost, and functionality for circuit protection focus area.
· Engages in development, design & testing of Embedded Systems using C, C++ programming language. Knowledge of squirrel would be nice to have.
· Basic Hardware Design Knowledge and Hardware/Firmware Debugging Skills. Hands on experience of lab instruments – Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers etc.
· Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Electrical Lighting products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
· Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product and software design . Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
· Participate in solution and code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that best practices and efficient coding standards are adhered to.
· Ensures compliance with CMMI ML3 process and agile ceremonies/work products, Management standards and guidelines
· Collaborate with global product engineering teams and Incorporates support for the manufacturing, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of the product / system
· Required: Bachelor’s / Master’s in computer science / electronics/ E&TC/ Instrumentation engineering with 6-10 years of experience in embedded C language programming.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required.
- Proficiency in C and C++
- Experience with GPIO, PWM, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, DALI and Ethernet peripherals and protocols is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of Embedded Firmware development with 16 Bit / 32 Bit microcontrollers
- Basic level knowledge of Hardware Systems.
- Experience with python/php/java is good to have
- Experience with Altassian software like JIRA and JAMA is preferable
- Experience with Agile methodologies and scrum teams is preferable
- Experience with revision control systems, preferably SVN is preferable
- Knowledge and familiarity with compliance to CMMI ML3 process and guidelines is preferable
- Skilled in writing specifications and end-user documentation
- Knowledge of Circuit Breakers and Electrical system protection products.
- Development exposure to embedded RTOS multi-threading, multitasking etc.
- Development of Customized Boot loader
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only