Eaton’s Electrical Products Group is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team.
This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
This position reports directly to the plant manager. This role is instrumental in managing the inventory planning and customer service performance of a profit center plant in pursuit of profitable growth. This position will perform a wide variety of Supply Chain functions including planning, buying, materials management, and cost savings initiatives in accordance with division and corporate purchasing policies and procedures. Provide leadership in analyzing, evaluating and recommending actions and changes which will improve cycle time and the department’s performance and efficiency, meeting all department/plant/customer objectives and expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop innovative programs with suppliers to effectively reduce inventories while ensuring material availability. Assist others within the department when necessary.
- Develop new resources, analyze lead-times and material availability considering market conditions and inventory levels and procure materials accordingly.
- Follow-up on critical materials and communicate status to appropriate production/manufacturing personnel
- Analyze areas of potential cost reductions and recommend specific actions/programs and coordinate approved cost reductions from assignment to completion
- Establish and maintain the highest possible level of communication with present and potential customers by effectively using skills in salesmanship, customer satisfaction, process knowledge, knowledge of customers business and organization and competitive service levels and activities
- Audit procurement files on a periodic basis to ensure compliance with Supply Chain policies.
- Closely monitor and take decisive action to operate within goals for purchases assigned to assure success of plant inventory objectives.
- Prepare and maintain proper records to facilitate accurate forecasting and sales billed reporting
- Record and report all supplier problems/issues to peers and/or superiors to facilitate meeting changing customer needs
- Participate and at times take a leadership position in company initiatives such as quality, productivity and cost saving programs, in support of plant objectives and goals
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in production planning, procurement or Supply Chain
- Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Arden, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- APICS Certification
- Experience with AS400 and Vista
- Experience using advanced Excel techniques (Macros, V-Look ups, Pivot Tables)
- Experience with Demand Planning and Forecasting
- High Degree of knowledge of purchasing principles including the ability to research, analyze, negotiate, and close various types of purchase efforts within the guidelines of good business and ethical practices
- Excellent computer skills
- Understanding of Kanban, Consignment and other material planning principles
- Ability to work with internal and external suppliers in a professional manner
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and on teams
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- Must have strong written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills/detail oriented
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No