Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Specialist Software Engineer to join our team. This position will be based from either our midtown Atlanta, GA or Peachtree City, GA facility.
This position is responsible for the conceptualization, software specification, design, and implementation of new and existing product platform solutions that meet the stated market requirements for Edge IoT connected Lighting Control products and data driven services. The specialist engineer will have a strong background in software design, digital signal processing, numerical analysis and neural networks, with the ability to conceptualize complex system interactions and develop innovative solutions for wireless sensor networks and Real Time Location Services.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company Cooper Lighting Solutions. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with Cooper Lighting Solutions. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when Cooper Lighting Solutions becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when Cooper Lighting Solutions becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in Cooper Lighting Solutions’ compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that Cooper Lighting Solutions’ plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop Engineering, Software and System Specifications for Lighting Control Products and data driven services.
- Design and develop software and algorithms that drive the launch of new products.
- Conceptualize, develop and validate innovative algorithms for real world signals using techniques that include DSP, numerical methods, neural networks and data visualization.
- Actively coordinate designs with product management, program management and software architecture throughout the product development cycle.
- Develop architecture/design documentation for feature stories for other team members to implement.
- Assign technical stories to feature team members and ensure that stories are completed as per the definition of done.
- Develop unit and module test plans to validate the design and implementation as well as participate and conduct reviews on system design, module design and code.
- Protect intellectual property through patent disclosures.
- Support our team of field commissioning engineers in resolving technical challenges, and in improving the commissioning experience.
- Mentor senior team members on design, architecture and Cooper Lighting Solutions values
- Search for technologies and processes that will improve product performance, reduce development time, reduce cost and drive market differentiating solutions
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 6 years of product design experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with C++
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Java, Python or Node.JS
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Peachtree City, GA or midtown Atlanta, GA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience with revision control systems, preferably git
- 2 or more years of experience in Digital Signal Processing(DSP), numerical methods, machine learning or neural networks.
- Experience in networking and communication protocols – Wireless, BLE, 802.15.4, 802.11, RS485
- Experience in C++11, STL and templates
- Experience with Linux single board computers
- Experience with TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe or Pytorch
- Experience with SciPy, Matplotlib or similar numerical visualization tool
- Experience with OpenCV
- Experience with postgreql and timeseries databases.
- Experience with wayfinding or Real Time Location Services and related technologies
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in product development
- Skilled in DSP, numerical techniques or neural networks
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time