Eaton’s Fluid Electrical Distribution division, a part of our Aerospace sector, is currently seeking a Senior Product Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD.
This position requires ability to serve as a new product development engineer in the high pressure and low pressure ducting product lines for pneumatic aircraft systems.
As a member of the Ducting Product Design Group, the Senior Product Engineer is a primary technical resource for new product development projects for aircraft engine and other aerospace and industrial applications.
They will also be responsible for performing and managing multiple phases of product design, analysis and validation, starting from the customer’s preliminary specifications, to final customer approval and full rate production; including product line extension, failure analysis, product validation, prototype coordination, and milestone achievement on projects. Projects may include internal research and development (iR&D), new product introduction (NPI), VA/VE engineering, sustaining engineering, and new business campaign support.
The role requires application of sound engineering principles, practical problem solving, and use of Eaton engineering tools (e.g. PROLaunch/Prelaunch/ACES) in an organized and timely manner. The role will require adherence to engineering processes, and collaboration with engineers across the world. A successful candidate will be able to understand and support all phases of the product lifecycle, and demonstrate an ability to develop design concepts and work those concepts to production-level maturity.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead/support development of new products from concept level, through validation and qualification for aircraft applications, following applicable regulatory and industry standards, PROLaunch and ACES processes.
- Coordinate responses to sustaining engineering issues, developing timely, cost effective solutions to product life cycle objectives or problems.
- Guide the development of product concepts, lead or support innovation events, Prelaunch, and iR&D activities.
- Generate and review engineering inputs to customer proposals, creating solutions and estimating materials, testing costs and Engineering labor.
- Create and review mechanical design and dimensional analyses. Review structural, thermal, dynamic, and performance analysis for design validation. Interface effectively with applicable internal resources to accomplish complete product analysis.
- Author and review test procedures and setups for development, acceptance, and qualification testing are acceptable.
- Drive failure analysis examinations and Failure Analysis Reports of test findings and field issues.
- Use project management tools and methods and recognized/sought out for project management expertise.
- Communicate effectively internationally and at all organizational levels. Support marketing and sales teams with technical presentations on the front end side. Demonstrate leadership behavior through successful consulting, auditing, coaching, and mentoring.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
Minimum of 1 year of mechanical product design experience OR 3 years of experience in a technical role (Quality, Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, Production Supervision).
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Advanced degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
Experience with designing products for Potentially Explosive Atmospheres
Experience in design for harsh and hazardous environments.
Experience in control systems, sensors, wireless connectivity, SW/FW/HW design and development
Ability to proactively coordinate with resources such as internal and external test labs, quality, supply chain, and manufacturing engineering to achieve the IPT or related team goals.
Guide less experienced members of the global team as needed to build organizational capability across the engineering team.
Drive failure analysis investigations and troubleshoot design and production issues as necessary.
Generate and review documents including cost estimates, appropriation requests, project schedules, design guides and manuals, standard work, operating manuals, and technical reports.
Understand and incorporate external industry and technological trends into relevant projects where able.
Provide leadership, auditing, consulting and mentoring to junior technical staff.
Design using both metallic and non-metallic materials and utilize design trade-offs as appropriate.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time