- Engineers customer orders including detailed review of layout and application of equipment, wiring and component selection, reconciles pricing and delivery requests, and performs various phases of order management from reconciliation through engineering and manufacturing information (MI) generation.
- Reconciles pricing and lead time requests of incoming orders, using information supplied through Bid Manager, Vista and other communications from field sales and/or channel partners. Verifies that the plant's manufacturing capabilities can support lead-time requests.
- Verifies that complete and accurate order entry information has been received from field sales and/or channel partners on incoming switchboard orders. Responsible for communicating to and following up through appropriate channels on any discrepancies and facilitating efficient downstream order processing. Supports field sales and channel partners on post order entry issues.
- Prepares Manufacturing Information (MI) for less complex switchboard configurations, utilizing MI Manager, AutoCAD, and Plant Order Manager as required.
- Provides input to the Bid-Man development team on design and pick table enhancements that help minimize front-end cycle time and improve Quality and provides input to P&S MEDD department on new product application needs and designs as well as design refinements.
- Schedule orders for production. Reconcile customer requested ship dates with product line standard lead times and manufacturing capacity. Utilize AS400 programs (OMS and Allocation System) as well as Microsoft Excel to accomplish scheduling.
- Request and verify information for order release and processing and perform rescheduling duties and advise AWSD to field sales/EatonCare/channel partner or end use customers as required
- Retrieve, match, and route order change notice information and expedite and follow critical orders while maintaining order files in the computer and be familiar with computer based information as it relates to customer schedule and dates. Execute order management functions using VISTA, Order Management System (OMS), AS-400 and Bid Manager computer systems.
- Process and follow ship shorts and expedite material shortage requirements with Supply Chain Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in design engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company sponsorship
- Experience with MRP/ERP Systems
- Experience with Eaton systems: VISTA, Bid Manager, AS-400, ENOVIA & DMM
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated technical and application knowledge of switchboards
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal & written communications, organizational & computer skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only