Eaton Corporation’s Information Technology team is seeking a Chief Information Architect for our Business Intelligence Center of Excellence (BICOE) team. This position can be based in either our Beachwood, OH or Moon Township, PA location, or in any US Eaton facility, or approved home office.
With 18 operating divisions, 18 data warehouses and over 200 ERP’s, the Chief Information Architect will be the most senior expert in information architecture and application of BI Technology to define end to end solutions for BI Technologies at Eaton. This role will develop data lake roadmaps and also guide innovation and collaboration across COE's to introduce new BI Technologies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as an Enterprise Information Architect and BI Technology Innovation Leader you will:
- Forecast plans and strategy for data, for our enterprise information architecture, and for the supporting technology transitions, future goals, and needed skills for Eaton IT that support our business data strategy.
- Define our enterprise information architecture and data lake build out plan by subject area into a detailed roadmap. This information architect will own the rules and solution patterns that drive integrated data into the data lake, and will be responsible for time sequencing, prioritization, costing, and managing the growth of the data lake environments.
- Build consensus across our Centers of Excellence (Business Intelligence; Information Platform Architecture; Application, Development, Quality, and Support to align strategies.
- Be responsible for defining our solution patterns (Bricks) that will be leveraged by solution design teams to implement projects.
- Own and drive our BI Technology innovation funnel in collaboration with support from other COE's. We will have a clear sensing and evaluation strategy that moves new BI Technologies through a PoC to Pilot to Production approach that this role will define. This individual must partner heavily with other COE's to borrow resources to engage in "Innovation Initiatives", so must be highly collaborative and influential.
- Oversee documentation of roadmaps, models, communication protocols, and market trends.
- Lead and set standards for governance and technical infrastructure.
- Conceive, experiment with, and present architectural approaches for information technology and systems, including software, hardware, and processes, in support of business needs.
- Advocate for data quality across the data lake.
- Must be advanced to expert in understanding and interpreting data models and ER diagrams, in data integration technologies such as ETL/SQOOP, and have demonstrated ability to develop solutions that scale to enterprise wide usage.
- Detailed knowledge of data engineering principles for Marklogic, Cloudera Big Data (Hadoop), and Oracle environments.
- Must be able to lead, educate, and train other data engineers in the principles of good information architecture design.
- Minimum of 10 years of data analytics, modeling, and associated data preparation experience required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, employee incentive compensation, including long term incentive, and complete benefits
This position can be based in either our Beachwood, OH or Moon Township, PA location, or in any US Eaton facility, or approved home office.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time